Saturday, December 30, 2006

Peace be with you and another piece for you!

A very Merry Christmas was had by all!!! This year Christmas came and went so fast I hardly had a chance to hear a Christmas Carol. Since December fourth I have been on the road. I am normally a shopping freak. Shopaholics fear me. I do go for the bargains and diligently shop around on the Internet and in print ads. I am the first out the day after Thanksgiving. I am the only one of a force 7 strong still shopping Black Friday. My fellow shoppers (the 7 ) come and go. This year it was the only day I had to shop the whole Christmas season. I needed to get ready to leave town the following day and have only been home for a few hours from Dec 3 thru Dec 23. I didn't make the traditional family outing to pick out the family tree. Which I Missed very much, but Hubby did an excellent job of picking out the perfect (almost) tree with the kids. The tree was trimmed and the halls got decked without me. No cider passed my lips. Tamales,however, my hubby can't do so I did get to make tamales and Champurado. Tamales were a hit, when aren't they??

My hubby had new carpet installed in the downstairs living/family room. I love it it's a light steel blue gray color that just brightens up the whole space. The old carpet was a deep forest green and it was just gross to look at. So score one for the Hubby, It was a greatly appreciated surprise and a gift that I'm sure to use every day! Especially since our room is off the family/living room! I think Christmas went fairly well considering I didn't get to shop much. The family spent Christmas eve together at home, watching movies and reminiscing of Christmases past. We had hot chocolate (Mexican chocolate not cocoa!) with marshmallows and tamales, Mexican bread and whatever one's preference was for the night. Christmas Morning was spent watching Migui and Javi rip into their gifts. We, along with my father-in-law, then went to my dad's for an early Christmas dinner. Lana's tree was just beautiful and her decorations always leave you feeling the Christmas spirit. There we had the traditional turkey and tamale Christmas dinner. Next we went to pay my comadre Cleme (short for Clemencia) and compadre Ray a visit, it was too short a visit, but it was late and she has twin girls (3) that run her ragged. She always has the best gifts for the family. not too expensive, but always seems to hit the nail on the head with both the kids and us. Last stop before home was to visit my mom. So was more than thrilled (as usual) to see the kids and we took her tamales and pumpkin cheesecake so she was happy. I was happy to get home and get ready for bed. So much was packed into our Christmas day.
Hubby still had his gift from me to unwrap...peace be with you, and another piece for you!

New years was also very fun. The family was all over the place, but always together at the stroke of midnight by phone. Hubby had a gig north of Bakersfield, Javi went to visit his dad and Migui and I spent the new year together with Nina Cleme and Nino Ray. We had a blast, Migui loves to play with the twins and Jessica. It was just precious to see them al toasting 'Happy New Year' with their little champagne glasses. The really did get schnockered on the sparkling cider! Hubby didn't get home until about 6am. The people who contracted them for the night kept offering them more money to keep playing so they played until about 3:30am, 3 1/2 hours longer than they were supposed to. He was happy, since he already wasn't going to be with us at new years, than might as well earn a few bucks.


Well, aside from missing everybody and not even getting my christmas cards out, A good time was had by all!!


No comments: